What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our site. Cookies are sent back from your browser to our site on each subsequent visit, or to another site that recognises that cookie. Cookies allow us to recognise and distinguish between the different users and devices that visit our site.
Cookies perform many different tasks, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences. In our case they are only used to improve the experience of our visitors.
Types of cookies used
We use the following cookies on our site:
- Functionality cookiesFunctionality cookies allow us to remember your saved preferences and therefore provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is anonymised and cannot track your browsing activity on other sites.
- First party cookiesFirst party cookies are set via our orchard-street.co.uk domain rather than the domain of a third party. This allows us to closely control the data they collect.
- Third party cookiesThird party cookies are set by a domain other than orchard-street.co.uk. For example, we use Google Maps to display the location of our office on our contact page. On visiting the page Google sets a third party cookie on your device so that it can determine if you are an authenticated Google account holder. If you are, Google will customise the map accordingly.
- Persistent cookiesPersistent cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined duration and are activated each time you visit our site.
We have carefully chosen the cookies used on our site and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected and respected at all times.
How can I change my cookie settings?
Most internet browsers are set to allow cookies by default though it is possible to change this setting and also remove any unwanted cookies via your browser preferences. Please note that some elements of our site may not work as expected should you disable cookies prior to visiting or remove any existing cookies once set.
The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all the major browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari (macOS)
- Safari (iOS)
- Mozilla Firefox
Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers.
Last updated: 25 April 2022